Florida Society of Pathologists
The Florida Society of Pathologists (FSP) is the voice for all pathologists working in the frequently intense field of pathological medicine. FSP not only monitors legislation affecting the ability of physicians to work in our hospital and laboratory environments, but works closely with, and is officially recognized as a state specialty organization of the Florida Medical Association and the College of American Pathologists.
FSP consistently produces quality CME medical meetings offering National and International featured speakers and an excellent opportunity for our colleagues to meet formally and informally to discuss the present and anticipate future challenges of our profession.
The Florida Society of Pathologists is your organization.
The Florida Society of Pathologists:
- Represents the interests of patients, the public and pathologists by promoting excellence in pathology services in the State of Florida.
- Educates members concerning the latest scientific developments in Pathology
- Promotes State and National legislative initiatives that will encourage excellence in pathology services and protect medical services for the public in the State of Florida.
- Promotes collegially and communication among members.
- Educates patients, the public and legislative officials concerning the importance of pathology services in the practice of medicine.
- Stimulates communication and cooperation with other State, National and International organizations.
- Promotes scientific investigation among pathology residents.
This will be one of the hottest issues in the 2016 Session:
The Florida Office of Insurance Regulation will support efforts to limit what physicians can charge insured patients who seek emergency medical care from out-of-network providers, reports Christine Sexton of Politico.
The OIR made the announcement at a Cabinet meeting Wednesday, when insurance commissioner Kevin McCarty’s chief of staff, Belinda Miller, outlined the agency's legislative agenda for the upcoming 2016 session.
The so-called “balance billing ban” has been one of the most divisive health insurance issues over the last several years and pits the state’s largest medical organization against the insurance industry.
Balance billing for emergency services already is prohibited for HMO patients but there is not a similar prohibition for patients insured in traditional health plans.
Comments have been submitted to the First Coast Service Options on behalf of Florida Pathologists. Click Here to read the letter.