Update on UHC Medicaid PC-CP Class Action – Time Sensitive Action Required!
In October, the FSP shared the news with members that the class action settlement between Palmetto Pathology Services P.A. and UHC was reached with favorable terms to Florida pathologists securing payment from UHC for all past and future PC-CP Medicaid claims. All past PC-CP Medicaid claims must be made before December 21, 2020 or they will be forever waived. Please read the following important information to make your claim before the deadline ends on December 21, 2020.
- Class Notices were mailed to hospital-based pathology groups' corporate address as listed on sunbiz.org on November 20, 2020.
- A Class Notice was also send to any doctor, in care of the pathology group, whose NPI number was submitted with billing to United for the claims at issue.
- Each Class Notice contains a link to a web portal and unique PIN to make a claim.
- Upon logging into the web portal, a claim amount will be shown and the group or doctor may accept or dispute the amount.
- In order to understand the amount of a group's claims, it is important for the group to aggregate the amount in its Class Notice and any amounts in a doctor's Class Notice.
- In order to recover all of a group's claims, the group and each doctor who receives a Class Notice will need to make a claim via the web portal.
- When a group and the doctors make a claim, checks will be sent to the group's corporate address in the name of the group.
- The claims must be made on the portal between now and December 21, 2020 or they will be forever waived.
- If you do not receive a Class Notice by December 1, 2020, please contact Class Counsel, Patrick Montoya at 305-476-7400 and at Patrick@colson.com.